Friday, February 11, 2011

Here we go again?




I've noticed a change in some of the normally constant billboards and bus bench advertisements in my neighbourhood of St. James as I have been going to and from school this past week.

Ads for real estate agents and small companies have given way to election candidate billboards. And I don't mean provincial election billboard either.

There are now at least two sightings of Rob Clement billboard. Rob Clement, aside from looking like a bit of a weirdo, is the candidate for the federal Liberals in my riding of Charleswood-St. James-Assiniboia.

Is this merely a just in case, pre-emptive strike by the grits? Maybe. But there have also been a number of election ads on recently from the Conservatives attacking Michael Ignatieff.

I couldn't find any of the ads to post on here but, if you're like me and watch TV at all, you've seen them.

It all feels to me like a storm is brewing and we're headed towards another Federal Election campaign. Just what the vast majority of the country doesn't want but what political junkies like me love.

What do you guys think? Is an election coming? How do you feel about it?

keith

No comments:

Post a Comment